Thursday, January 20, 2011

9 Week Letter to Little Baby F

Dear little baby F,

You are almost ten weeks old, that is a quarter of the way to your supposed birthday. I am not counting on you coming at 40 weeks however because according to my grandmother, who you will absolutely love, she was pregnant for 12 months. Also, your cousin decided that he would like to stay inside his whom with a view for a few weeks extra before he braved this world, when you meet your aunts and uncles that will just smother you with love you will probably understand the motive behind staying in a little bit longer. I haven't seen you yet, or even heard you, as a matter of fact the only thing keeping me knowing that you are in there is my constant need to blink my tired burning eyes. This week I was hit with a new gift given to me by you, an emotional roller coaster that is sure to rival the worlds craziest coaster. It all started when the mean Russian woman at Costco told me that they only accept cash at their hotdog stand and your mama only carries cards, you had been begging me for a hotdog for a couple of weeks and she kept me from fulfilling that need. I almost burst into tears but I kept my composure by hiding behind the bulk toilet paper I had just picked up. You finally got me with the emotions after I found out that the post office had lost my fetal doppler, I had been waiting for a whole week and I just wanted to try to hear your little heartbeat to give me some reassurance that you were ok and happy in there. I only have one more week until I finally get to see you so I can hold out. I am going to make you a promise Little Baby F, if you keep this no morning sickness thing up, I'll keep up with the feeding you whatever you are wanting. Ask me for a hotdog if we have a deal.

Love,
Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! What a sweet note to your beautiful baby! I'm glad that you don't have morning sickness! What a blessing! I am so excited that we found each other!

    ReplyDelete